Do you want to make money online?
Then you are on the right place. Here i will guide you about how you can make money online by doing blogging.
May be you have heard stories about people who are making lots of money from blogging and living a good life.
You can also do that. For that you need a blog first.
In this post, I will guide you through the exact process of starting a blog – step by step. Even if you do not have any experience of doing that. You will make your blog easily.
Lets get started.
Why Do You Want To Make a Blog?
Generate passive income
Generating passive income from blogs is not impossible. I will not tell you a lie. It takes time, patience, hard work, consistency, right strategy. It will not happen overnight. You have to give your time to it. Then, you will be able to make passive income.
I will guide you through the step by step strategy. So, that you can implement that and make money from it.
Work from any location
Since you are a blogger now, you can work from anywhere in the world. You can travel to different locations without worrying about your office. Just pack your laptop with you and spend a long time in another country. You will have full control of your time. You can work when you wish.
Stay with family
You can stay with your family all the time. You can work from a home office. You just need a PC/laptop and an internet connection for that. You can help your family members with their household work. You can have lunch with your family. You can pick and drop your kids at school etc.
Many successful bloggers are living life in this way.
Things You Require for Starting a Blog
Here are the things you require to start a blog.
- Domain: This is your blog address on the internet.
- Web hosting: This is where your blog will be hosted. Buy hosting from hostinger. This blog is also hosted on hostinger. It is affordable and reliable hosting. You will also get a free domain with hostinger web hosting.
- WordPress: This is the best blogging platform in the world. This blog is also made on WordPress. It is free software available inside the hostinger account. You can install it in few clicks.
- Setting up blog and writing: Next step is to do few settings which are very easy and write content on it.
Bonus: If you do not have any prior knowledge of creating and managing blogs on WordPress, then do not worry. I will provide you with video tutorials of the installation of WordPress, setting up and managing backed. It is also easy to learn and manage. Just signup hostinger with my special link.
Step 1: Choose the Best Topic for You
Selecting the right topic or niche for your blog can be challenging for some of you. I struggled also with that. I thought too much. I started few blogs but all of it is failed.
Why they failed? What is wrong in the niche?
There is nothing wrong in the niche. The wrong thing is me.
I was not passionate about the niche in which i started the blog.
You must be thinking then why i selected these niche?
I did not know about how to select the best niche for me.
But here i will guide you about the steps of selecting the best niche for your blog.
You need to ask the 3 questions yourself. Take paper and note answers to these questions on it.
Question 1: What am I passionate about?
You need to list down all the topics which you are passionate about it. These are the topics which you enjoy in talking, writing, discussing, etc.
You can find the topics in your previous job, college, school etc. You can list the hobbies etc. which you are passionate about it.
Some of the examples are cooking, drawing, gardening, cycling etc.
Question 2: Do you have enough skill/talent or knowledge of that topic?
Every person has some skills or talents. List down all the skills or talents which you have.
For example: Writing, photography, sales, marketing, accounting etc.
Question 3: Is there any market available? Can you monetize it?
You need to find is there any market available for that kind of content. Search on the internet is there any kind of blogs there or not?
For example: if you are passionate about cooking and your skills are writing or photography any one or both. Then you can start a food blog. There is a huge list of food bloggers on the internet and they are making lots of money.
You are passionate about gardening and your skills are content writing. Then you can make a blog related to gardening.
How can we make money from it?
You can find it in this way.
- Is the products already available related to that niche like gardening. For example, There are enough gardening tools, seeds, fertilizers, manure etc. available in the market.
- Are advertisers advertise these products? We all know almost every company do advertising for their products.
- Can I create my own product in the future like ebooks etc. which people want to purchase? You can search on amazon for that kind of book.
You can display advertisements on your blog, place product affiliate links and get commission on every sale, write sponsored content on your blog, or in future, you can create your own products like ebooks, physical products, etc.
In this way you can find the best niche for you.
Step 2: Find the good domain name
Now the we have selected the niche for our blog. Next step is to find the good domain for your blog.
How to select the good domain name for your blog?
You can select any domain name you like but here are the some general guidelines for it:
- Pick a .com domain if available: Always try to find the domain name which is available in .com. If it is not available then you can suffix or prefix words like blog, my, the, home, guide, mastery, university, blueprint, masterclass, class, school, coaching, HQ (for headquarter), tutorial, tips, digital etc.
- Pick something relevant to your niche: You need to pick the relevant domain name related to your niche. For example, for the gardening niche, you can buy a domain name like learngardening.com, gardeningschool.com etc. If the relevant domain name is not available add the words in the domain which I suggested above.
- Avoid hyphens and numbers: Do not add hyphens and numbers in the domain name. It should be rememberable.
Step 3: Buy Hosting at Hostinger
When I first started blogging, I bought hosting from other popular companies, but the service was not good. I did not want to name that. Again I tried some other companies. But most of them are not good.
I loved the hostinger web hosting. This site and my other sites are hosted on hostinger. This was my best decision in terms of buying hostinger hosting.
Why I Loved Hostinger Webhosting
- Affordable: Hostinger is very affordable for new bloggers.
- You get a free domain: Hostinger provides a completely free domain for a year if you buy hosting from my special link. This will save you $10 upfront if you are starting as a new blogger.
- Solid 24/7 chat support for all of your questions: If you are stuck somewhere and you need help from them, then they are available 24/7. Their support is very friendly. They will answer even your small questions.
- Easy to use: They have their unique panel, which is clutter-free. You can find all the options there very easily. And working inside the login panel is very easy to use.
- Reliable Webhosting: They are very reliable in terms of uptime track record. They have a more than 99.99% uptime track record. Your site will not get down due to the server issue. And their servers are very fast your blog will load quickly.
- Provides WordPress: Hostinger provides WordPress inside the panel. Their servers are optimized for WordPress blogs. So, no worry, you can make blogs on WordPress.
I also recommend you to buy hosting from hostinger. You will also get a free domain name for a year. That will save you $10.
Step 1: Choose Your Plan
Hostinger offers single shared hosting, premium shared hosting and business shared hosting plans.
Note: You may want to choose the Single Shared hosting plan. But the premium shared hosting plan and business shared hosting plans works out best in the long-run.
Out of these two, I would suggest that buy the business shared hosting plan. As in this plan, you will get daily backup (they will take backup of your site daily for you) and free CDN also.
In the premium and business plan, you can host 100 websites and get space of 100 GB and 200 GB.
And if you use my special link, you can save up to 75% off the regular price!
Click on the Select button for any plan you want to buy. This will take you to step
I would suggest you that go for a 2-years plan or 4 years plan to save big money upfront. And you will need not to renew your hosting plan for next 2 or 4 year.
Step 2: Select the plan months and make payment
Now you have to select the 24-month plan or 48-month plan to save big money upfront. And you will need not renew your hosting plan for the next 2 or 4 years. I would suggest going for the high months if your pocket allows. The higher the months higher the discount. Renewal of hosting plans is costly. You are saving here up to 75% here.
Enter your best email id for creating hosting account.
Make payment with credit card, paypal, Google Pay and cryptocurrency.
After that you need to setup the account. Click on setup button.
Step 3: Register Domain
Now click on the start now button, and now you are seeing three options. You have to click on the claim a free domain button and enter your desire domain name and hit the search button. Select the domain name.
Step 4: Install WordPress and SSL
Now, Click on build a new website button.
Here you have to select wordpress for installation.
Now you have to enter the email address and password for the wordpress blog you are going to create. This email and password will be used to log in to your WordPress blog. Now, click on continue.
In the next section you need to select the template for your blog. Click anyone for the installation purpose or you can click on skip I don’t need a template link (this will install your wordpress little fast). You can change it later also.
Now click on Finish setup button. It will take few minutes.
Now your blog is ready.
Now next step is to register the SSL certificate, click on Manage Site button.
Now you have to Finish the registration of your domain. It’s a simple step. Click on the button
Then fill in the name and address fields and click on the setup button.
Once we will complete this then we can install the SSL certificate.
click on continue, then hosting and then Manager button. Now scroll down and click on SSL certificate button.
Now click on setup and click on activate the button. Now click on install. SSL certificate is installed successfully.
If SSL is showing any error, then wait for 1 or 2 hours. As the domain registration setup some time take upto 2 hours to complete. After that you can try again. It will install successfully.
Your WordPress site is ready.
You can open in browser to see it.
Now login to your WordPress dashboard by entering: yourdomain.com/wp-login.php
Enter the email and password you created earlier.
Now, you are inside your site’s backend/admin area. Now you have to do some settings in the blog.
Step 4: Setting up blog and Writing
Now, the next step is to do necessary settings in the blog. Do not worry, i will guide you about that also.
You can watch the video for complete setup of the blog. <<< or email me the receipt of the hostinger hosting you bought from my link. i will provide you the settings video. And rest tutorials of how to manage and learn wordpress >>>
After completing the setup, write the content on the blog.
You online entity is started.
Leave a comment if you want to ask anything about this post.